Robin Hood: Oh, Marian, if only ’twere me.
Maid Marian: Oh, if ’twere you, ‘twould be… twerrific.
Eventually I’ll get tired of making bad jokes about Twitter’s name. Promise.
Just two days into my Twitter Twial, I have:
- Been followed by 21 people
- Found 39 people to follow, including 14 locals I’ve never met
- Had conversations with five of those locals
- Answered a local’s question about an Obama rally by pointing him to one of the blogs on my newspaper’s Web site
- Discovered that a local blogger was at my favorite bar the same time I was
- Found one of the bloggers at a popular Penn State blog who I’ve previously interviewed
- Found a local teacher who’s using Twitter in the classroom and would be glad to tell me about it for a story
- Found someone I’ve been friends with since elementary school
- Seen a huge increase in traffic to my blog. In just two days, Twitter has now sent more traffic than any other blog out there.
And I’m working on another Twitter-related project that I’ll unveil soon.
We’ll chalk up Days 1 and 2 to the “Better than expected” column.